Do you enjoy recording your voice and listening to it?
Do you like your own voice?
Has your voice ever changed?
* Adenoidal/Nasal - Some of the sound seems to come through the nose.
* Appealing - Shows that you want help, approval, or agreement.
* Breathy - With loud breathing noises.
* Brittle - You sound as if you are about to cry.
* Croaky - Sounds as if they have a sore throat.
* Dead - They feel or show no emotion.
* Disembodied - Voice comes from someone who you cannot see.
* Flat - Spoken in a voice that does not go up and down.
* Fruity - Deep and strong in a pleasant way.
* Grating - Unpleasant and annoying.
* Gravelly - Low and rough.
* Gruff - Has a rough low sound.
* Guttural - Deep and made at the back of your throat.
* High-Pitched - Very high and shrill.
* Hoarse - Low rough voice, usually because their throat is sore.
* Honeyed - Falsely sweet voice.
* Husky - A husky voice is deep and sounds hoarse often in an attractive way.
* Low - Quiet and difficult to hear / in a deep voice.
* Matter-of-fact - Used about someone’s behavior or voice.
* Modulated - Controlled and pleasant to listen to.
* Monotonous - Boring because it does not change in loudness or become higher or lower.
* Orotund - Loud and clear.
* Penetrating - So high or loud that it makes you uncomfortable.
* Plummy - This word shows that you dislike people who speak like this.
* Quietly - In a quiet voice.
* Raucous - Loud and sounds rough.
* Ringing - very loud and clear.
* Rough - Not soft and is unpleasant to listen to.
* Shrill - Very loud, high, and unpleasant.
* Silvery - Clear, light, and pleasant.
* Singsong - Rises and falls in a musical way.
* Small - A small voice or sound is quiet.
* Smoky - Sexually attractive in a slightly mysterious way.
* Softly Spoken - A quiet gentle voice.
* Sotto Voce - A very quiet voice.
* Stentorian - Loud and severe.
* Strangulated - One that someone stops before they finish making it.
* Strident - Loud and unpleasant.
* Taut - Shows someone is nervous or angry.
* Thick - Voice sounds less clear because of an emotion.
* Thin - High and unpleasant to listen to.
* Throaty - Low and seems to come from deep in your throat.
* Tight - Shows that you are nervous or annoyed.
* Toneless - Does not express any emotion.
* Tremulous - It is not steady because you are afraid or excited.
* Wheezy - Has difficulty breathing.
* Wobbly - Unstable tone due to fright or emotions.